Sunday 3 June 2012

Workout in King City

Hey everyone,

This weekend I was away at a conference in King City, just outside of Toronto. Luckily I had a chance to fit in some exercise while I was there. Hopefully this helped combat the effects of sitting for hours on end!




This facility had wonderful hiking and biking trails, but unfortunately it was cold and rainy, so I worked out indoors.

Saturday morning I woke up and started off my day with some body weight training in my hotel room. I needed to get creative, given the lack of both space and equipment! My workout consisted of 3 sets of 5 exercises (plus one bonus set) that took about 45 minutes to complete. Here is what I did:

1. Pushups with feet elevated


2. Mountain climbers


3. Dynamic planks with feet elevated


4. Dips with feet elevated


5. Plank walk outs


Bonus: Sleeping crabs


I also had some time to workout in the afternoon, so went to the fitness room and did 3 sets of pull ups, followed by a 5 km run in an enclosed, suspended track. I did 22 interval sprints during my 5 km and was exhausted by the end!


Exercising while travelling is a great way to stay on track for meeting your fitness goals and also just helps you feel healthier while away from home.  Always check ahead on the recreational facilities available to you and be sure to save some time to exercise!

-Tannys

No comments:

Post a Comment