Thursday 29 March 2012

Keeping Fit While You Travel

Hey everyone,

A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to travel to meet my new niece!  I always find it hard to keep up my usual exercise routine, whether away for business or pleasure. Keep reading for some tips on how to incorporate activity and exercise into your routine when away from home.

We find the best way to ensure you stay active when traveling is to plan ahead.  If you can put together a few exercise routines before you leave, you have no excuses for not completing them!  Make a list of exercises that don't require much or even any equipment.  You can always modify the exercises once you arrive at your destination if equipment becomes available.


Try to stay active both on your way to your destination and when you arrive. If you are flying, take the time to walk the airport while waiting for your flight.   Or if you're driving, plan ahead to stop in certain places where you can take a long walk or even just get out to stretch your legs for a few minutes.

If you have an option for accommodations, try to stay somewhere where there is a fitness room, pool or opportunity for outside activities (i.e. near a park).  Even if you can only get in a quick stroll, this is better than nothing.


During my recent trip, I stayed with my family.  I made sure to stay active with several brisk walks around the neighbourhood.  I also planned an exercise routine to complete, that did not require any equipment.  I prepared a workout with 500 reps of all body weight exercises.  Here it is:
  1. 100 Squats
  2. 50 Squat jumps
  3. 100 Push-ups
  4. 50 Planks  
  5. 100 Step-back lunges
  6. 50 Jumping lunges
  7. 50 Planks
Try this easy to incorporate body weight workout next time you travel or just don't have any exercise equipment handy to use.  Let us know how it works for you!

-Tannys

No comments:

Post a Comment