Friday 16 December 2011

Morning Tabata

Hey everybody,

This morning I got up at 5:30 to complete another workout. We haven't been as diligent this week with Alex being sick, so I thought I would take this opportunity to challenge myself with an early-morning Tabata. Although it was tough to roll out of bed at 5:30 (especially while Alex kept sleeping!), knowing it was Friday, and I could sleep in the next day, made it easier.



I chose Tabata-style again as this is a quick workout (completed in thirty minutes), and it really wakes you up quickly!
I completed 6 cycles of intense exercise, with one minute rest periods in between.  I also altered the cycling component to 40 seconds of high intensity work (standing up and cycling hard) with 20 seconds of less intensity.

This is what I did:

1. Cycling

2. Kettlebell swings (24 kg)

3. Cycling

4. Racked Kettlebell elevated step-back lunges (off stairs) (12kg)

5. Cycling

6. Kettlebell straight-leg dead lifts (24 kg)

This was an intense workout that had me exhausted by the end. However, I felt great, was wide awake and ready to start my Friday!



-Tannys

No comments:

Post a Comment