Thursday 15 December 2011

Bodyweight Tabata Workout

Hey everyone,

Alex hasn't been feeling too well the past few days, so I decided to try a bodyweight workout on my own.  I chose to do this Tabata-style to get some cardiovascular benefit and kept my rest periods between exercises down to one minute.  I was thus able to complete my workout in 30 minutes.  At first, I didn't find the one minute rest too bad, however I struggled to recover between exercises once I hit the burpees. 



As this is a bodyweight workout only, you will need a bench and pull-up bar. 

Here is what I did:

1. Jumping lunges with switch kick (Jump lunge with left leg foward, jump lunge with right leg forward, kick left leg forwards and repeat)

2. Sleeping crabs

3. Burpees with push-up

4. Bench jumps

5. Pull-ups (with assist band)

6. Hip bridges



All in all it was a great workout, with great cardiovascular and strength components. I completed this workout two days ago and I'm still pretty sore. 

I'm planning on completing another tabata-style workout tomorrow morning with some cycling incorporated.  Check back with Couplefit to see how it goes!

-Tannys

No comments:

Post a Comment