Tuesday 8 November 2011

Workout by the Sea, Tabata-Style!

Hey everyone,

After reading Alex's post from yesterday, I was inspired to do a body weight workout today.  As I didn't need any equipment, I did my workout in my hotel room overlooking the sea.  We have found that most hotel rooms are very adaptable to doing a workout, which is especially important if your hotel does not have a fitness room. Alex and I used this method a few months ago while in France to keep in shape and work off some of the delicious French food! You can incorporate the bed, desk, etc. in your exercises to give you plenty of options.

Today I chose to do my workout Tabata-style.  I included 6 exercises, focusing on both strength and balance moves.  I performed each exercise for 4 minutes (20 seconds work, then 10 seconds rest), followed by a 2 minute rest to complete the entire workout in 36 minutes.  Here is what I did:

  1. Jumping lunges with alternating kick (right lunge, left lunge, right leg kick, left lunge, right lunge, left leg kick, etc.)
  2. Push-ups
  3. Mountain climbers
  4. Single leg deadlift, touching floor with opposite hand
  5. Close-grip push-ups
  6. Sleeping crabs (lie flat, lift body up on left arm and right leg while touching left leg with right hand, then switch)  
                                           Mountain Climbers



                                           Single leg deadlift


                                           Sleeping Crabs

I'm definitely feeling more jet lagged today which made the workout tough, but I'm hoping will help me get some rest tonight!  I'm off now for my last delicious Greek meal and then heading to the airport bright and early tomorrow morning!  Although I've managed to fit in a few workouts while away, I'm looking forward to getting back into my normal workout routine with Alex as we continue our fitness journey together...

-Tannys

No comments:

Post a Comment