Monday 7 November 2011

Greetings from Greece!

Hey everyone,

I arrived in Greece yesterday for another medical conference.  I will only be here for a very short stay and am returning home again on Wednesday!  So far I have been having a great time.  The weather was beautiful yesterday when I arrived.  I'm staying in a hotel right on the Aegean Sea with a beautiful sea view:







Yesterday I felt like I needed some exercise given my long day of traveling. I took a short walk outside the hotel, but didn't want to venture too far.  Luckily my hotel also has a gym which I took advantage of.  I continued on with the theme of a full body workout and tried to vary my exercises from those Alex and I did the previous day. I also modified the exercises we normally do to fit with the equipment I had to work with.  I did another "triplets" workout.  For a full description of this type of workout, see Alex's blog from yesterday.  Here is what I did:

  • Bulgarian split squats (holding 15 kg dumbbell)
  • Bench step ups (holding 15kg dumbbell/side, stepping up and down on a bench)
  • Deadlifts (holding a 15 kg dumbbell)
  • Pull-ups/Lat pull downs (I did as many pull-ups as possible, then immediately did as many lat pull downs as possible at 35 kg)
  • One-arm incline bench press (holding 9 kg dumbbell)
  • One-arm shoulder press (holding 7.5 kg dumbbell)
The workout took about 45 minutes in total.  I felt it was important to not push myself too hard given the fact I had completed a full body workout the day before, was jet lagged and I'm still getting over my cold. Today I am taking the day off to recuperate!

I'm hoping to complete another full body workout tomorrow before heading back home early on Wednesday morning.  But for now I am heading out to enjoy some good Greek food and wine!

-Tannys

No comments:

Post a Comment