Monday 17 February 2014

Pregnancy Workout G - Weeks 20-23

Hey everyone,

Another workout I have put together for weeks 20-23 of pregnancy is a circuit-based workout. 

This workout is comprised of 5 exercises that are completed consecutively, followed by a short rest.  I completed the circuit 3 times, for a total of 15 working sets. As this is not a time-based workout, take rest between exercises as you need it!

Here is what I did:
  1. Kettlebell Goblet Squats
  2. Pull-ups (negatives)
  3. Kettlebell Deadlifts
  4. Incline Bench Press
  5. Racked Kettlebell Step-back Lunges
For the pull-ups, I had Alex spot me.  I started in the up position and then lowered myself as slowly as possible.  I really felt it in my lats the next day! For the incline bench press, I made sure I was on a good incline, not laying too flat. I also used a lower weight than I would have pre-pregnancy.

As always, you should already be performing these types of exercises at this intensity prior to pregnancy AND have approval from your health care provider to exercise.

Stay tuned for more pregnancy workouts!

-Tannys

No comments:

Post a Comment